Friday, April 14, 2006

Easter rides again














When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low
And resentment rides high, but emotions won't grow
And we're changing our ways, taking different roads
Then love, love will tear us apart again --

Why is the bedroom so cold?
You've turned away on your side
Is my timing that flawed - our respect run so dry?
Yet there's still this appeal that we've kept through our lives
Love, love will tear us apart again --

You cry out in your sleep - all my failings expose
There's a taste in my mouth, as desperation takes hold
Just that something so good just can't function no more
When love, love will tear us apart again -- (Joy Division 1979)


What is the significance of Easter to the anarchist mind? - In many ways the same as it is to the Christian mind, - except as an anarchist you do not believe in the healing powers of God. You do believe, however, in the healing power of spring, growth, love between man and woman, love of children.

The healing power of the regenerated self, - the resurrected selv, does that make sense? How does resurrection of the self come about? Some years ago I walked out into my backyard an early morning in summer. The purple sun was rising in the East, there was a mist in the air. Deep down in the back yard there was a dense growth of plants that I had not had the courage or strength to clear. I wanted to penetrate the dense growth of plants to get to the other end, from where there is a view to the red ball of the sun. In some way I got so entangled in the growth of wild and semi-wild plants that I dropped the Idea of seeing the purple sun in its free playing field of rosy sky. It was not important. It was an ambition gone too far. What mattered was the tactile sense of wet branches and wet leaves clinging to my naked legs and arms. I was part of existence, born again. Being part of a world onto itself. From the house I could hear distant sounds of a kettle whistling (- coffee being prepared? I no longer remembered) - the sound of a cat hissing. Nature is a wondrous thing made not by us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sophia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Sophia said...

Thanks for this post full of hope and expectations. Since I was a child I learned to love Easter. Although I consider myself an atheist, I was raised in a middle eastern christian family where Easter was feated more than Christmas as the symbol of the resurrection and liberation of nature and the self.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home